Vampires who have reached the level of Count have grown, matured, and consolidated their powers and abilities. They are no longer the terror of mere towns and hamlets, nor are they content to prey on isolated individuals. Their influence is felt across the land, and they dominate mortals, Undead and several of their Vampire kin as well. A Vampire count is nothing like the wild, bestial creature he started out as; instead, he is a patient and meticulous hunter of men. He is also a man with a plan and the means to carry it out, and he fears no rag-tag group of adventurers who think they can stop him.
Known Vampire Counts
- Rabe von Stahl - Once a noble Knight of the Empire, he was a Blood Knight who led the undead forces during the Nemesis Crown Campaign.
- The Seneschals - A small group of elite Blood Knights, each a mighty dark champion who served as the Vampire Lord, Merovech's personal bodyguard.
- Bertelis of Garamont - The personal champion of Duke Merovech of Mousillon and brother of the famed Grail Knight, Calard.
- Gorgivich Krakvald - One of Mannfred von Carstein's lieutenants, Gorgivich was a mighty Blood Knight and leader of the Knights of the Red Death.
- Helmut von Carstein - Another of Mannfred's lieutenants, who acted as the standard bearer of his undead army.
- After the 5th Edition, most Vampire Counts were simply referred to as Vampires on the Tabletop, to avoid confusion with the new faction.
- 1: Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Night's Dark Masters
- 2: Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (5th Edition)
- 3: Total War: Warhammer