- "Perhaps moreso than most learned men of magic that I have encountered in my life, Thyrus Gorman understands the nature of war. He is possessed of a keen mind, as are all Magisters, but unlike so many of his peers, he can look beyond his tomes and his fetishes. At a time such as this, I can ill afford to rely upon a scholar more interested in burying his nose in a book. No, if we are to drive the northmen out of our lands and lend aid to the Dwarfs and the High Elves, I must have a leader with a broader perspective. I must have a man who understands the practical applications of magic in war, for we will need every weapon that we can bring to bear in this conflict"
- —Karl Franz, on Thyrus Gormann, Patriarch of the Bright Order.
He often attends the Imperial court in Altdorf and is one of Karl Franz’s oldest and most trusted advisors. He has wielded considerable political influence during his term in office (and since) because of it.[1a]
Thyrus Gormann is an imposing figure. Well over six feet tall, he has broad shoulders, an oiled and sculpted beard of fiery copper and a fierce hawk-like nose. He has more an air of a seasoned general than a Magister, and in a sense he is both. There is no doubt that his is a commanding presence, and many at the imperial court are still wary of his tempestuous nature. Quick to laugh, even quicker to anger, and the most experienced and powerful Pyromancer in the Old World, he is not the sort of person who suffers fools at all.[1a]
- 1Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Realms of Sorcery
- 1a Page 119.
- 2Warhammer Fantasy RPG 4th ED -- Core Rulebook
- 2a Page 229.
- 3: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning