- "It was one of their leaders, a woman of serene countenance who bore magical artefacts. She cut down a dozen foes in a single actinic blast. That time, the woman made common cause with us against the Lizardmen ambushers, though I have no doubt she would have wielded her weapons against us had we given her reason."
- —Johann Besksbein.
The nature of the Amazonian Sisterhood is largely unknown to outsiders, but it has been observed that particularly warlike devotees are referred to as 'Serpent Priestesses'.
Serpent Priestesses are part of the religious sisterhood that rules Amazon society. These warrior-mystics are potent magic wielders, wise in the ways of the jungle and their word is law. The younger, more junior members of the Serpent Totem often gather war parties and search for Slann artifacts, and also conduct the ritual sacrifices of captured enemies. Any army that can count one of these mystics an ally is fortunate indeed.[1a]
Serpent Priestesses are willing to work as mercenaries for Lizardmen, High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, the Empire, Dwarfs, Dogs of War and the Ogre Kingdoms. Under exceptional circumstances, a Serpent Priestess may aid dark-hearted creatures in an effort to lead them to their doom, such as Dark Elves, Skaven, Chaos, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Greenskins, or Chaos Dwarfs.[1a]
- Claw of the Old Ones: This mighty High Age weapon is deadly in the hands of those with the knowledge to call forth its power, granting the Priestess increased strength that bypasses armour.[1a]
- Amulet of the Moons: This ancient symbol of the power of the Amazonian Sisterhood casts a silvery shimmer around the wearer, protecting her from harm.[1a]
Lore of the Serpent
- Singing Wind - The Priestess calls to her the spirit of the divine wind, whipping the jungle into a frenzy and lashing her foes without mercy.
- Serpent's Strength - Calling wildly to the ancients, the Priestess calls forth the strength of the jungle, its essence filling her with primal fury.[1a]
- Wendala's Maelstrom - The Priestess is surrounded by a swirling tropical storm, the harsh winds protecting her from enemy shooting.[1a]
- Shield of Thorns - Calling upon the very plants of the jungle to protect her, the Priestess is surrounded by a wall of writhing undergrowth.[1a]
- The Living Jungle - In a whirl of graceful motion, the Priestess calls forth the denizens of the jungle, binding them to aid her against her foes.[1a]
- Siren's Dream - The Priestess sings hauntingly, mesmerising all who hear her.[1a]