Requires more contribution
Ostermark is the Empire's easternmost province and shares its northern border with Kislev. Because of this, it has suffered greatly from the repeated incursions of Chaos marauders from the Northern Chaos Wastes. It is a mostly rural state, since unlike its neighbours the soil of Ostermark soil is fertile and ideal for agriculture.
- North: Lower Talabec River; Kislev
- South: River Stir
- East: World's Edge Mountains
- West: Undefined; Talabecland
- Ostermark Marshes
The low tech nature of Ostermark's major industries sometimes leads to its people being mocked in other states as simpletons. This is an unfair reputation however as the people of the Mark are as stout and capable as those in any other province. Ostermark regulary sends troops to assist Kislev in its battles against northern invaders. As a result, its state troops and militias are perhaps the most hardened to war against the forces of Chaos of all the troops in the Empire.
- Wolfram Hertwig, Elector Count
- Matteus Hertwig, the Elector Count's brother
The provincial colours of Ostermark are purple and gold.
- The Empire collector's guide (Second Edition)
- The Empire Army book (2006)
- Sigmar's Heirs