Attention, Empire Citizens!
This article may contain older content that is now considered non-canon
- "...and he that went before now came last, and that which was white and black and all direction was thrown against itself. Grown mightily indignant at the words of the Gods, Malal did turn his heart against them and flee into the chambers of space... And no man looked to Malal then, save those that serve that which they hate, who smile upon their misfortune, and who bear no love save for the damned. At such times as a warrior's heart turns to Malal, all Gods of Chaos grow fearful, and the laughter of the Outcast God fills the tomb of space..."
- —From The Great Book of Despair.
Malal is a renegade Chaos God, who has turned against the others and is dedicated to their destruction. His followers, sometimes called the Doomed Ones, seek out and destroy the followers of other Chaos Gods wherever they may be found.[1a]
Malal is known as the Hierarch of Terror and Anarchy and is also known as the Renegade God, the Lost God or the Rejected God. His Sacred Number is eleven and his Sacred Colours are white and black, often combined.
Malal, like every God of Chaos, represents something, and he represents the indiscriminate tendency to destruction, even of oneself and one's agents. Malal is very particular, in fact, he hates all the other four Gods of Chaos and often acts against them, even more than he acts against humanity and other species.
- Malal was a being that was originally created for the Warhammer Fantasy comic book series that featured a Malal Champion named Kaleb Daark, of which a miniature and rules were later made. He was most famous for his particular Dreadaxe Ax.
- Due to a problem with copyright, Malal was largely excised from canon, replaced with Zuvassin and Necoho.
- 1: Warhammer Fantasy RPG 1st ED - Core Rulebook