- "If you're not on the list, you're not coming in!"
To an outside observer, guarding looks like a very easy profession. And for the most part it is, merely consisting of standing around keeping watch. However, a guard's reputation– and sometimes life– depends entirely on the brief moment when somebody tries to harm the guard's charge. Should they be compromised, any guard worth their salt will follow up on the job, pursuing their attackers.[1a]
There are many types of guards in the Old World. Some include:[1a]
- Bodyguards are entrusted with protecting individuals, and follow them around wherever they go.[1a]
- Bouncers are guards of taverns who throw drunkards and unruly customers out into the street.[1a]
- Grave Wardens stand sentry over gardens of Morr, ever vigilant against grave robbers.[1a]
- Temple Guards are guards employed by the Empire's cults to protect holy sites or high-ranking clerics.[1a]