Graeme Davis (born 1958, in Isleworth, England) is a game designer, writer and editor. Davis has worked extensively in the roleplaying game industry.
Davis started playing Dungeons & Dragons in the mid-1970s, shortly after it was first imported into the United Kingdom.
After leaving school he worked in the banking industry before studying for a Bachelor of Arts degree in archaeology at the University of Durham in 1979. He graduated in 1982, and started work towards a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
His first paid writing for the game was an article in Games Workshop’s White Dwarf (magazine)|White Dwarf magazine in 1982.Many others followed, for White Dwarf and other magazines such as TSR, Inc.'s Imagine (AD&D magazine)|Imagine.
A job offer from Games Workshop in 1986 prompted Davis to leave university with his Ph.D. unfinished. However, his historical and archaeological knowledge and research skills have been put into use throughout his career with several firms and as a freelancer.
He was one of the original designers of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Games Workshop spun Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay into a new subsidiary called Flame Publications in 1989, and Davis remained on staff at Flame.
Davis wrote the Fighting Fantasy Gamebook, Midnight Rogue, in 1987. Jonathan Green Jonathan Green, YOU Are The Hero: A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks. Haddenham, Buckinghamshire : Snowbooks Ltd, 2014. (p.122)
Davis published his first novel, Blood and Honor, book four in the Eberron The War-Torn series, in 2006.
Since 2009 Davis has been the line editor for Rogue Games' historical horror RPG Colonial Gothic, contributing to several titles in the line.
Published WFRP works (as primary or contributing writer)
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Rulebook 1st edition (1986)
- "Rough Night in the Three Feathers", classic WFRP 1e module published in White Dwarf 94 (1987), updated for WFRP 2e in Plundered Vaults (2005) and WFRP 4e in Rought Nights & Hard Days (2019)
- The Enemy Within (1987)
- Shadows Over Bögenhafen (1987)
- Death on the Reik (1987)
- Castle Drachenfels (1992)
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Rulebook 2nd edition (2005)
- The Edge of Night (2010)
- The Enemy Within (2012)
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Rulebook 4th edition (2018)
- Rough Nights & Hard Days (2019)
- Enemy in Shadows (2019)
- Enemy in Shadows Companion (2019)
- Death on the Reik (2020)
- "It's Your Funeral", a short stand-alone adventure (2020)
- Death on the Reik Companion (2020)
- Middenheim: City of the White Wolf (2020
- Power Behind the Throne (2020)
- Power Behind the Throne Companion (2021)